Operational Training from Those Who Built It!
Dranetz factory product training gives you the head start you need to hit the ground running. You’ve made the best choice by purchasing a Dranetz instruments and software. Now maximize your investment by ensuring you (or your team) have fully optimized the usage of our superior tools.
We offer both scheduled certified operator training classes and on-site product training at your facility. Continue reading below for details and choose the training that best fits your needs.
Dranetz Free Live Web Based ‘How To’ and Informational Training
Make the most of these unprecedented times by joining us for one of our live, free, web based training sessions. Each session is about 45 to 60 minutes in length, and focuses on ‘how to’ or informational subjects related to the application, setup and operation of our instruments and software. See below for the schedule. Registration is required and space is limited, so act soon!:Register Now
Product Information Sessions
August 5, 2020, 11am ET – Dranetz fixed systems – New product announcements, product line overview and PQView DE demonstration. Completed! – Click here to view the recording
- August 19, 2020, 11am ET – Electrotek PQView overview and demonstration – What PQView can do for you. Hosted by Electrotek Concepts – Click here to register
Virtual Power Monitoring Seminars
- August 12, 2020, 11am ET – Module #1: Introduction to power monitoring
- What is electrical power monitoring?
- Differences between energy & power quality meters/monitors. How meters work
- Available tools. Fixed vs. portable applications
- Proper wiring, transducers, best practices
- August 26, 2020, 11am ET – Module #2: Energy monitoring overview
- What’s measured? AC vs DC. Relationship between W, VA, VAR, PF
- Demand & energy overview
- Utility billing. Standards, billing factors, etc.
- Case study – Energy efficient lighting part #1
- September 9, 2020, 11am ET – Module #3: Power quality monitoring overview, standards, terms, rules of thumb, etc
- Intro to power quality
- PQ standards. IEEE vs. IEC. Which standards to follow
- PQ terms. Sag/dip, swell, transient. PQ event directivity – Rules of thumb
- Case study – Hurricane PQ data analysis
- September 16, 2020, 11am ET – Module #4: Harmonics. Standards, measurements, rules of thumb
- What are harmonics and why are we concerned?
- Harmonic standards. IEEE vs IEC. Which standards to follow
- Triplen harmonics. Harmonics rule of thumb
- Case study – Energy efficient lighting part #2
- September 23, 2020, 11am ET – Module #5: How to perform a power survey
- Combines all of the above to outline the systematic steps needed to conduct a power survey
- Applies to demand, energy and/or power quality surveys
- Includes best practices, tools, safety considerations, etc.
Paid For Product Operational Training
It pays to have experienced Dranetz staff train you and your team on the complete setup and operation of your products. On site training is difficult in today’s environment, and we hope that it can return soon, but we also offer the same training virtually.
We offer training for you and your employees for the following products:
- Portable Products: Dranetz HDPQ Family, PX5, PX5-400, PowerGuide, PowerVisa, EP 1
- Permanent System: Dranetz HDPQ DataNode, 61000, PQ3K/PQ5K
- Software: Dran-View, PQView DE, PQView
Dranetz virtual training can be tailored to your needs and schedule. Many customers choose 6 hours of live training where we cover all features of the product specified, including all setup procedures, data analysis/reporting and software training. We do require 30 days advance scheduling.
Contact us for more details.