Dranetz Technologies, Inc., with headquarters in Edison, New Jersey, is one of the leading manufacturers of intelligent monitoring solutions for electrical demand, as well as energy and power quality. Dranetz provides competitive salary and exceptional benefits, as well as a safe and pleasant working environment. Dranetz HQ is conveniently located close to public transportation (Metro train and bus station, Newark International Airport) and is accessible to both NYC and Philadelphia.
Senior Firmware/Software Engineer
Dranetz has an immediate need for a self-motivated Senior Firmware/Software Engineer for designing, building, and maintaining Firmware/Software used in power monitoring instruments and systems. As a Senior Firmware/Software Engineer you will be part of a fast paced team responsible for many different aspects of the software/hardware development cycle. In this role you will be expected to plan, design and build embedded solutions for power quality instrumentation along with maintaining/prototyping DSP algorithms. This position is located in our office in Edison, New Jersey.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Strong C/C++ skills with minimum of 5 years of development experience
- 5+ years of experience in the development of embedded systems
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Able to synthesize product requirements from industries standards
- Experience of working in multiple development environments, including IDE, development automation tools and version control
- Plan, Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Preparation of high-level and/or low-level system, subsystem and/or software design specifications.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Sourcegear
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of Electrical Engineering concepts such as Power Quality parameters (Harmonics, Sags/Swells, Transients…Etc.) is required
- Microsoft Office and Agile process
- Knowledge of Visual DSP++ and Analog Devices Cross core IDE
- Familiarity with Analog Devices Blackfin processor series or equivalent
- Matlab/Octave or equivalent model prototyping software
- Electrical Engineering and Power Quality knowledge
- Familiarity in Power Quality Standards such as IEC61000-4-30, IEC 61000-4-15, IEC61000-4-7 and IEEE519 is a plus.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science is required for this role.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with ASP.NET MVC Experience – Electrotek Concepts. Beverly, MA
Electrotek Concepts has an immediate need for a senior full stack software engineer for building ASP.NET MVC database applications that use proprietary interfaces to query data. This position is located in our Cummings Center office in Beverly, Massachusetts.
Electrotek is a leading power systems engineering consulting firm. We analyze, measure, simulate, and solve electric power systems problems and provide training on power quality and power system topics. Our customers include electric power utilities, commercial & industrial energy users, and research companies. We develop and maintain PQView®, which is the industry’s leading enterprise software for power quality monitoring analysis & reporting and automatic fault location. We also commercialize a suite of power quality and energy efficiency analysis tools for electric power transmission and distribution systems known as PQSoft®.
- 3-5 years’ experience building web applications using the Microsoft ASP.NET MVC (3.7.2) Framework
- 3-5 years’ experience developing web applications with C# and SQL databases
- Experience with responsive design and development using Bootstrap or similar layout frameworks
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017
- Experience implementing web services in a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with source control applications such as Vault, TFS, SVN, Git, or Visual SourceSafe
- Experience building WiX installation packages
- Ability to work both independently and in a group environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or comparable degree
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Web API, WCF, or RESTful web service development experience
- Experience with C/C++ considered a plus
- Experience with electric power systems, power quality monitors, or energy meters considered a plus
- Experience in direct interaction with customers to help resolve technical issues is considered a plus
Please submit your resume to Juan Antialon at email@example.com.
If you are interested in an internship (available to college students), please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate your area of interest. Opportunities are made available for students pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, marketing/communications and more.