Dranetz Technologies & Electrotek Concepts
With headquarters in Edison, New Jersey, Dranetz Technologies is one of the leading manufacturers of intelligent monitoring solutions for electrical demand, as well as energy and power quality. Also headquartered in Edison, NJ, Electrotek Concepts is a leading power systems engineering consulting firm.
We provide competitive salaries and exceptional benefits, as well as a safe and pleasant working environment. Edison, NJ is conveniently located close to public transportation (Metro train and bus station, Newark International Airport) and is accessible to both NYC and Philadelphia.
Gossen Metrawatt USA Sales Position – Dranetz
Dranetz Technologies has an immediate need for a sales person to lead our Gossen Metrawatt product line sales efforts. Based in Germany, Gossen Metrawatt is a leading manufacturer of test and measurement equipment including multimeters, safety testers, insulation testers, megommeters, light meters and more. Dranetz Technologies is the North American distributor of Gossen Metrawatt products and both companies are subsidiaries of the GMC Instruments group. This position is located in our office in Edison, New Jersey.
- 3-5 years minimum sales experience
- Test & measurement or instrumentation sales experience
- Experience creating and achieving sales budgets
- Ability to identify the needs of, and to sell to various industries
- Strong communications skills
- Microsoft office competency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel within the sales territory and to the manufacturer in Germany
- Experience selling to markets such as medical, automotive, industrial, etc.
- Distribution sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Training in electronics preferred
This position is based out of our Edison, NJ headquarters
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Service and Repair Supervisor – Dranetz
Dranetz has an immediate need for a service and repair supervisor. This position is located in our office in Edison, New Jersey.
- Responsible for the receiving, evaluation and repair of warranty repairs and customer owned equipment.
- Responsible for the repair cost estimates beyond the standard repair and calibration charges.
- Supervise three direct reports and three indirect reports in the service and repair process.
- Interface with sales, technical support, and engineering to resolve any customer related issues.
- Attention to detail is a critical component to the successful management of the service and repair process.
- 5+ years of Test & Measurement equipment service experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 5+ years of experience with the calibration and repair of electronic instrumentation.
- Strong technical background in the test and debugging of electronic equipment providing support to the service technicians.
- Proficient level of computer skills and software knowledge.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and customer focused.
- Team player enjoying the cross-functional interaction.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field
Please submit your resume in confidence, as well as salary history to email@example.com.
Senior Firmware/Software Engineer – Dranetz
Dranetz has an immediate need for a self-motivated Senior Firmware/Software Engineer for designing, building, and maintaining Firmware/Software used in power monitoring instruments and systems. As a Senior Firmware/Software Engineer you will be part of a fast paced team responsible for many different aspects of the software/hardware development cycle. In this role you will be expected to plan, design and build embedded solutions for power quality instrumentation along with maintaining/prototyping DSP algorithms. This position is located in our office in Edison, New Jersey.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Strong C/C++ skills with minimum of 5 years of development experience
- 5+ years of experience in the development of embedded systems
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Able to synthesize product requirements from industries standards
- Experience of working in multiple development environments, including IDE, development automation tools and version control
- Plan, Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Preparation of high-level and/or low-level system, subsystem and/or software design specifications.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Sourcegear
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of Electrical Engineering concepts such as Power Quality parameters (Harmonics, Sags/Swells, Transients…Etc.) is required
- Microsoft Office and Agile process
- Knowledge of Visual DSP++ and Analog Devices Cross core IDE
- Familiarity with Analog Devices Blackfin processor series or equivalent
- Matlab/Octave or equivalent model prototyping software
- Electrical Engineering and Power Quality knowledge
- Familiarity in Power Quality Standards such as IEC61000-4-30, IEC 61000-4-15, IEC61000-4-7 and IEEE519 is a plus.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science is required for this role.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with ASP.NET MVC Experience – Electrotek Concepts
Electrotek Concepts has an immediate need for a senior full stack software engineer for building ASP.NET MVC database applications that use proprietary interfaces to query data. We are looking for a great team player that can help us take our software to the next level. This position is based in our office in Edison, New Jersey (remote work available).
Electrotek Concepts is a leading power-systems engineering consulting firm and software developer, catering to the needs of electric utilities, power transmission and distribution companies, product manufacturers, building and electrical system designers, research companies, government agencies, and end users-residential, commercial, and industrial. We analyze, measure, simulate, and solve electric power systems problems and provide training on power quality and power system topics. We develop and maintain PQView®, which is the industry’s leading enterprise software for power quality monitoring analysis & reporting and automatic fault location.
- Perform full life cycle development and deployment of PQView (front and back-end).
- Produce clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Communicate effectively with management, stakeholders, and team members.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product development.
Required Technical Skills:
- 2+ years of experience building web applications using the Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Framework.
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications with C# and SQL databases.
- Experience with responsive design and development using Bootstrap or similar layout frameworks.
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience implementing web services in a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experience with source control applications such as Vault, TFS, SVN, Git, Mercurial or Visual SourceSafe.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or comparable degree.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with CD/CI tools such as TeamCity.
- Web API, WCF, or RESTful web service and Windows services development experience.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with VB/VB.Net.
- Experience building Windows Desktop applications in .NET framework.
- Experience with electric power systems, power quality monitors, or energy meters.
- Experience in direct interaction with customers to help resolve technical issues.
- Experience building WiX or INNO installation packages.
Please submit your resume to Juan Antialon at email@example.com.
If you are interested in an internship (available to college students), please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate your area of interest. Opportunities are made available for students pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, marketing/communications and more.